Offshore Software Development: Top 8 Benefits
With people turning to computers to manage everything from a store’s inventory to personal bank details, the concept of software development has taken very strong roots all over the world. As far as companies in the developed nations are concerned, offshore software development is preferred to carry out the IT activities over the in-house development system. Several advantages in terms of cost, time and quality drive the global clients towards off-shoring the software development activities.
Essentially, the company can benefit in the following areas:
- Technical Expertise – The presence of numerous software companies that get into offshore software development provides the clients with a wide horizon to choose from. Specialization in specific skill set and ability to excel in one area enables delivery of perfectly engineered applications when offshore software development is selected.
- Cost Cutting – Recruiting specialized skill set from the natives could turn out to be a costly affair for the company involved. The investment in one in-house employee is the same as an investment in ten offshore software development employees, in most cases.
- Time Savings – With offshore software development to the rescue, the core companies need not spend time on hiring and training in-house employees for every technical need. Instead, the time saved by opting for offshore software development can be used to enhance and enrich the business ideas.
- Quick Output – When a global client opts for offshore software development, conceptualization of an idea is quicker because of the skilled labor and round the clock input. This enables the client to release the product quicker into the market and make a stronger impact as compared to its competitors.
- Innovative Ideas – Since offshore software development utilizes only highly skilled professionals, the client can benefit from their innovation and bright technological solutions in terms of Information Technology. An overall betterment of technical approach is guaranteed with offshore software development.
- Extended Support – Most offshore software development companies offer an extended support for around six months to one year after the completion of project. This enables effective maintenance and quick bug fixing of the application thus enhancing the overall efficiency.
- Streamlined processes – The fact that most offshore software development companies have well-defined processes and high-quality procedures for project management to see tasks to completion enable a focused strategy to be implemented thus adding substantial value to the overall business needs.
- Miscellaneous areas – Because of the skilled labor involved in Offshore Software development, it also facilitates leverage in other areas such as Research and Development, implementation of refined methodologies and localization of solutions to attract regional markets.
Thus, an overall value add to the technical aspect of business is achieved when the IT activities are offshored. However, commitment and sincerity on both ends is a must for a successful long-term relationship to last.
CWS Technology, a Boston registered company with ODC in India, provides offshore software development and skilled resources to its clients in 20 countries globally. Having developed a mature global delivery model, CWS has also earned ISO 9001-2008 certification. Visit: http://www.cwstechnology.com