“If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business” – Bill Gates
With this famous quote, Bill Gates emphasized the importance of having a strong online presence. The logic is simple, you need to have a website in today’s fast moving world of business startups. There are distinct ways of doing business. Some people do it for the first time (entrepreneurs) or people in a new role in a bigger organization, irrespective of the position people hold they think differently but, nonetheless, focus on points that could lead to more productivity and efficiency in the business environment.
The Internet has become more than just something which provides information but is all about trade. First, it was web development that came into the picture later to be followed by mobile app development. Considering these facts, we can take this as a starting point for something new.
You’re just a few clicks away in getting involved in online transactions. Established businesses know everything through experience and look for the new ways to making the process smoother and faster, on the other hand, entrepreneurs are also not behind. But, hardly we know what captures the user mind. Is it features? Functionality? Response time? Etc. They are the crux of any website/app and come later in the picture. So, what comes in the initial stage is the design. If it’s appealing enough, then visitors will definitely connect with you.
Is Design Really Important ?
User experience is indeed the only aspect that’s crucial to both users and developers. The moment you suffer in the concerned area, your business suffers. In the niche market, where performance and quality always come at the top before everything, hence, creating a smooth user experience is a key to success.
The fact is that users have many options to choose from while you’ve got only one shot. Either you can make it or break it. But let’s just focus on how you can capture that one moment and accomplish the business objectives. Your success is defined by what users think and feels about your site.
Try this simple test – Search Google for any product and click on the first couple of links. Compare their outlooks and appearance and check if you get the relevant information/product. Was it easy to navigate through the site? Was the design appealing? Why did you disregard other options?
The answer is simple, the first thing that captured your attention was its design. After all, design is the very first thing users see before other functionality. Therefore, having a good design is one of the most valuable factors for businesses, not just to enhance the site’s appearance but to build credibility. Users look to connect with companies digitally now more than ever, so establishing an online presence is an excellent way for brands to do so.
Importance of Design
Design provides companies with several key benefits and here are some of them:
- Navigation: The design is important because it defines how quickly and often users can find what they are looking for. If it’s frustrating and complex, then the visitor will leave without any second thought. A good design leads to a better navigation, unlocking new opportunities and helping you with the conversion rate taking you one step closer to accomplishing your goals.
- Icon/Logo: The logo of your company or icon of your mobile app that you utilize frequently and often in print materials or on the website is important to leaving a positive impression on users so that users are able to recognize your brand. For instance, the moment you hear the word “Facebook” what comes to your mind is its logo. Visual communications help users to communicate and associate with your brand.
- An Edge Over Others: Another reason is fierce competition. There is a myriad of websites and mobile applications in the market. You’ll only get noticed when the design is capable of drawing more attention. Unless you’re Facebook or Twitter, having the next big idea at your disposal is a prerequisite. Developers are now focusing on improving or redesigning existing design just to create the first impression.
- First Impression Is The Last Impression: Your mobile/website should stand out apart. Though, through core functionality you can provide users with reliable services. What an app or website looks like is the first aspect users notice about it. Before downloading or browsing it, they’d certainly test it to see its functionality but the design is what attracts them in the very first place. That initial visual impression affects the entire user experience and is likely to determine the ultimate success of your business.
- Visual Spark: Design gives a visual touch to your site making it more appealing, something that catches eyes instantly. The internet is a visual medium and it’s important to use this medium in getting your message spread out. You can add animations, graphics, gif etc.
- Organizing: Get this fact that you have only seconds to make an impression and if you don’t succeed, then visitors will leave. Everything needs to be perfectly placed with titles to headings to the ending of the part. Maintain consistency throughout the site so that visitors easily find what they are looking for. It should be apparent what is the main content on a page and what is secondary and what follows next in a sequential manner. Everything on the site/app needs to have a purpose.
The design will make visitors decide whether they want to stay or leave. It’s crucial to put the best foot forward and everything else will fall in the right place. Through websites/apps, you present yourself in a much better way and reach a broader audience creating a lasting connection. In the end, it’s users that got to choose.
It’s obvious there’s more to website/apps than the design like features, coding standards but those things will only make sense when visitors get attracted to the site/app in the very first place.
Take a few minutes to review your site and consider if the design is doing what it is intended for.
If you have any query concerning web development or mobile app development, get in touch with us.
One thought on “Why is Design the main Factor in the Web or Mobile App Development ?”
Mobile app is the easiest way to improve your brand,thanks for you blog